T-shirt Chair “Rag Edition”, is like a large colorful rag rug, an easy chair made of left over clothes or rags. Every chair has its own unique color and texture combination. The textiles can be individually replaced with worn clothes and textiles from your surroundings, and in that way the T-shirt Chair will evolve and collect history over time – an almost ‘eternal’ piece of furniture… The frame actually has life time warranty used indoors.
In the “Rag Edition” we upholster using left-over fabric pieces from the sofa manufacturing, in a selected ‘all-color’-mix.
- Locally crafted by Göinge EKE-Möbler in Glimåkra in southern Sweden.
- Upholstery with waste fabric from Göinge EKE-möbler’s own furniture production (or by reusing your own worn clothes or fabrics).
- Every piece of the upholstery can be removed and washed or changed creating a historical document over time – a ‘slow-blog’ of your life…
- The steel wired frame has a lifetime guarantee, as long as it is used in an indoor environment.
- A birch tree for furniture production planted for every meter bench sold Green Furniture Plantation
Steel / Cotton
Powder coated black
T-shirts / left over fabric / left over fabric custom coloured / sent-in fabric
Maria Westerberg graduated in 2008 from Konstfack’s Interior Architecture and Furniture design. Since then she has made a recycle interior collection for the store Indiska, made conceptual installations in fridges for a landscape architect office in Berlin, started her own design/interior studio in Stockholm, are attending exhibitions with her aware, expressive and playful designs, and hosting a Swedish TV show for children with the concept of making new things from old toys. Significant of her work is organic shapes, using materials in a new context and often very colorful. Her most famous work, featured in almost every Swedish magazine and also in the international press, is “T-shirt Chair” the winner of Green Furniture Award 2011, now in production by Green Furniture Sweden.